ID Cards for MetLife Dental HMO are sent 10 days after you have selected a provider. If you have not selected a provider, follow the steps below to do so. If you have selected a provider and 10 days since your selection have passed you can request a new ID Card be sent. Note: if you have recently moved or not updated your address with your employer your ID card will be sent to your old address.
To Request an ID card:
- Employee or Agent Calls 800.880.1800
- Confirm Language
- Enter Primary Enrollee's ID Number (SSN)
- Confirm Last Name
- Select Option 3 - ID Card
- Confirm Mailing Address (If incorrect, hang up. Update with employer, then call again)
- Automated response will confirm request was accepted and card will be sent in 10 business days
- If card was recently requested you will be told “Unable to send due to recent request”.
- If a provider has not been selected no card will be issued.
- ID cards take 10 business days to be received once a provider is selected.
To Select a Provider:
- Go to www.metlife.com.
- On the right-hand side, under “I want to find a MetLife…” Click Dentist.
- Enter your zip code or City, State.
- Select Dental HMO/Managed Care. Click submit.
- On the next page you will need to enter the plan name. SDPEBA’s plan is MET100. Click GO
- Wait a few seconds for the page to load then scroll down to review the results.
- Choose 2 dentists, a primary and secondary in case the primary isn't accepting new patients.
- Contact SDPEBA and provide them with the Dental Office ID Numbers
*SDPEBA does not currently administer this plan for the County. To get help with your dental coverage please contact your employer's HR department 888.550.2203.